SVS Prime Satellite - Satellites Redefined: High-End Audio Gets Small
From the moment you pick up and feel the Prime Satellite, you are aware
that never before have affordable satellite speakers offered this level
of audiophile design, high-end components and precise build quality.
Jets thunder through the sky. Bullets graze your ears. Prime Satellites
simply outclass the tiny and tinny surround speakers that are more form
than performer. Prime Satellites revolutionize surround speakers‚ÄĒin
fact, they employ many of the same components as their bigger brothers
in the Prime and Ultra lines.
Strategically placed, they create awe-inspiring realism and seamless
sonic transitions‚ÄĒfront to back and side to side. When the lights dim
and the score fades in they‚Ä≤ll flood your room with high-end sonics and
action. Painstakingly voiced and sonically matched, Prime Satellites are
designed to melt in with SVS towers, bookshelves or in a system all
their own for endless listening possibilities.
Diminutive Size, Big Sound - Performance Value Redefined
Despite being small enough to fit into nearly any room and system, the
overachieving Prime Satellite simply outclasses cheap HTIB speakers,
packing the same technology, sound quality and performance as its bigger
brothers in the Prime and Ultra lines.
Available in premium-grade piano gloss black or handsome black ash
finish, the Prime Satellite is not only handsome but functional too -
with an integral keyhole bracket which allows for easy wall-mounting.
Driver and Crossover Details
Leveraging design and technology from the SVS Ultra family, the Prime
Satellite features high-quality drivers and crossover components simply
not found anywhere else in this segment:
- The 1‚ÄĚ aluminum dome tweeter utilizes an FEA-optimized diffuser
which delivers a very open ‚Äėairy‚Ä≤ presentation and extremely unveiled
- The 4.5‚ÄĚ woofer delivers surprising bass response and punch, and
features a polypropylene cone, an aluminum shorting ring for reduced
distortion, a vented voice coil former, and unique all-new cast
ABS-fiberglass composite basket for precise component alignment.
- The SVS SoundMatch 2-way crossover ties it all together with
premium-grade capacitors, air-core inductors and heavy-trace printed
circuit boards. Expertly refined topology ensures a smooth response and
transition between drivers with excellent polar response and phase
coherency for amazing imaging.
Loudspeaker Physical Description:
Driver Array and Technical Highlights:
- Satellite Loudspeaker
- Black ash and piano gloss black finish options.
- 5-way binding posts.
- 1‚ÄĚ wide-flared rear-firing port.
- Cloth grille with pin/cup retention system.
- Elastomer stick-on bumper feet (adds 3mm to height).
- Keyway bracket for easy and convenient wall mounting (includes extra bumper pads for wall stand-off).
- Cabinet Dimensions: 8.75 (H) X 4.9 (W) X 5.53 (D).
- Overall Dimensions: 8.85 (H) X 4.9 (W) X 6.3 (D) (includes grille, bracket, binding posts and bumper feet).
- Shipped Dimensions 2 Pack: 11.7 (H) X 13.9 (W) X 8.9 (D).
- Shipped Dimensions 3 Pack: 11.7 (H) X 20.3 (W) X 8.9 (D).
- Weight Unboxed: 6.5 pounds.
- Shipped Weight 2 Pack: 14.7 pounds.
- Shipped Weight 3 Pack: 21.7 pounds.
SoundMatch Crossover Network:
- 1 aluminum dome tweeter:
- FEA-optimized diffuser delivers airy and unveiled presentation.
- Aluminum dome for exceptional transient response.
- 4.5 woofer:
- Polypropylene cone for excellent stiffness/mass ratio and pistonic behavior.
- Aluminum shorting ring to reduce gap inductance, lower distortion, and enhance high frequency response.
- Cast ABS-fiberglass composite basket ensures precision component alignment and excellent thermal transfer.
- Vented voice coil former minimizes air compression artifacts.
Cabinet Construction Technical Highlights:
- 2-way crossover with premium-grade capacitors, air-core inductors and heavy-trace printed circuit boards.
- Crossover network delivers outstanding phase coherency and time domain behavior.
- Tweeter-to-woofer crossover: 2.3 kHz (12 dB/octave slopes).
Frequency Response and Electro-Acoustic Data:
- Acoustically transparent and FEA optimized grilles minimize diffraction.
- Chamfered front baffle and flush-mounted drivers reduce edge diffraction and improved on-axis high frequency response.
- FEA-optimized cabinet and bracing eliminates resonances.
- Rated bandwidth: 69 Hz-25 kHz (+/-3 dB).
- Nominal impedance: 8 ohms.
- Sensitivity: 85 dB (2.83V @ 1 meter full-space, 300-3kHz).
- Recommended amplifier power: 20-150 watts.
‚Ä¶ have a surprisingly big sound‚Ä¶ flawless in
its performance‚Ä¶get a audiophile grade home theater system at a
fraction of the cost.
AVTechReviews, Review by Chris Murray, 12/3/2014. Read Review
‚ÄúThe Prime Center is a three-way design. I
was happy to hear that SVS went with this design choice as it addresses
the off-axis issues that are common to the two-way design short-cuts
manufacturers sometimes take to keep prices down. At this price point,
its refreshing to see that SVS chose to go with a three-way design.‚ÄĚ
‚ÄúWhen you listen to $100k systems all day,
it‚Ä≤s difficult to be really excited about $1k speakers. But let me tell
you, these speakers, when listening in nearfield, are some of the best
I‚Ä≤ve heard in the budget speaker category.‚ÄĚ
TheAbsoluteSound.com, Review by Spencer Holbert, 10/14/2014. Read Review
‚ÄúThe flagship of the Prime line is the Prime
Tower, which costs $999/pair in matte black or $1199/pair in gloss
black. It's a 3.5-way design; the bottom woofer is there only to help
out with the low bass. In the demo it sounded incredibly smooth and
neutral, especially for a $999/pair tower. Bookshelf models are also
SoundstageGlobal.com, Review by Brent Butterworth, 10/12/2014. Read Review