Prime Bookshelves: World-Class Performance, Compact Form.
Designed for two-channel purists and home theater fans alike, there
simply isnā²t a finer bookshelf monitor available in this segment.
Equally adept in home theater or 2-channel settings, the Prime Bookshelf
can form the foundation to an outstanding surround sound system. Their
handsome styling and high-end finishes will make you proud to have them
in your homeāeven before youā²ve hit the power button. Matched with both
the Prime and Ultra Center, Prime Satellites, and SVS subwoofers, your
systemā²s clarity and dynamics will be stunning once called to perform.
In a 2-channel setting, Prime Bookshelf delivers a full and rich
stand-alone audio experience with a 6.25ā woofer for deep and articulate
bass and a 1ā aluminum dome tweeter for air presentation and unrivaled
highs ātrue to the legacy of high-end, 2-way monitors. Stereo purists
will rejoice at the amazing imaging, soundstage and fidelity delivered
by the Prime Bookshelf. Whether youā²re kicking back Saturday evening
with a single malt and Dylan, or enjoying freshly ground coffee Sunday
morning with Brubeck ā the Prime Bookshelf has it covered.
Trickle Down Theory In Action ā Ultra Sound At A Prime Price
Borrowing heavily from the Ultra line, the Prime Bookshelf is packed
with high-end technology and premium quality drivers, setting a new
high-water mark for sound quality and performance value at this price
The crossover is the key to any great bookshelf, and our exclusive
SoundMatch network is packed with quality components and exhaustive
refinement for outstanding phase coherency and time domain behavior. The
transition between tweeter and woofer is so smooth and seamless youā²ll
swear it sounds like a single full-range drive.
The front baffle of the cabinet is chamfered and the drivers are
flush-mounted to reduce edge diffraction for a smooth high-end and
outstanding imaging. Inside the FEA and CAD optimized cabinet is braced
to eliminate resonances for an honest, neutral and uncolored midrange.
Driver and Crossover Details
- The 1ā aluminum dome tweeter utilizes an FEA-optimized diffuser
which delivers a very open āairyā² presentation and extremely unveiled
- The 6.5ā woofer delivers rich and articulate bass and outstanding
extension, courtesy of a polypropylene cone, a refined motor with an
aluminum shorting ring for reduced distortion, a vented voice coil
former, and unique all-new cast ABS-fiberglass-carbon composite basket
for precise component alignment.
- Our exclusive SoundMatch crossover features premium-grade
capacitors, air-core inductors and heavy-trace printed circuit boards.
Extensive development yields excellent total radiated sound power,
outstanding phase coherency and razor sharp time domain behavior.
Loudspeaker Physical Description:
Driver Array and Technical Highlights:
- Bookshelf Loudspeaker
- Black ash and piano gloss black finish options.
- 5-way binding posts.
- 1.7ā wide-flared rear-firing port.
- Cloth grille with pin/cup retention system.
- Elastomer stick-on bumper feet (adds 3mm to height).
- Cabinet Dimensions: 13.2 (H) X 8 (W) X 9.4 (D).
- Overall Dimensions: 13.3 (H) X 8 (W) X 10.3 (D) (includes grille, binding posts and bumper feet).
- Shipped Dimensions 2 Pack: 17.6 (H) X 22.4 (W) X 14.4ā (D).
- Weight Unboxed: 15.5 pounds.
- Shipped Weight 2 Pack: 34.7 pounds
SoundMatch Crossover Network:
- 1 aluminum dome tweeter:
- FEA-optimized diffuser delivers airy and unveiled presentation.
- Aluminum dome for exceptional transient response.
- 6.5 woofer:
- Long stroke motor and suspension for high output.
- Polypropylene cone for excellent stiffness/mass ratio and pistonic behavior.
- Aluminum shorting ring to reduce gap inductance, lower distortion, and enhance high frequency response.
- Cast ABS-fiberglass composite basket ensures precision component alignment and excellent thermal transfer.
- Vented voice coil former minimizes air compression artifacts.
Cabinet Construction Technical Highlights:
- 2-way crossover with premium-grade capacitors, air-core inductors and heavy-trace printed circuit boards.
- Crossover network delivers outstanding phase coherency and time domain behavior.
- Tweeter-to-woofer crossover: 2.3 kHz (12 dB/octave slopes).
Frequency Response and Electro-Acoustic Data:
- Acoustically transparent and FEA optimized grilles minimize diffraction.
- Chamfered front baffle and flush-mounted drivers reduce edge diffraction and improved on-axis high frequency response.
- FEA-optimized cabinet and bracing eliminates resonances.
- Rated bandwidth: 48 Hz-25 kHz (+/-3 dB).
- Nominal impedance: 8 ohms.
- Sensitivity: 87 dB (2.83V @ 1 meter full-space, 300-3kHz).
- Recommended amplifier power: 20-150 watts.
ā¦ have a surprisingly big soundā¦ flawless in
its performanceā¦get a audiophile grade home theater system at a
fraction of the cost.
AVTechReviews, Review by Chris Murray, 12/3/2014. Read Review
āThe Prime Center is a three-way design. I
was happy to hear that SVS went with this design choice as it addresses
the off-axis issues that are common to the two-way design short-cuts
manufacturers sometimes take to keep prices down. At this price point,
its refreshing to see that SVS chose to go with a three-way design.ā
āWhen you listen to $100k systems all day,
itā²s difficult to be really excited about $1k speakers. But let me tell
you, these speakers, when listening in nearfield, are some of the best
Iā²ve heard in the budget speaker category.ā
TheAbsoluteSound.com, Review by Spencer Holbert, 10/14/2014. Read Review
āThe flagship of the Prime line is the Prime
Tower, which costs $999/pair in matte black or $1199/pair in gloss
black. It's a 3.5-way design; the bottom woofer is there only to help
out with the low bass. In the demo it sounded incredibly smooth and
neutral, especially for a $999/pair tower. Bookshelf models are also
SoundstageGlobal.com, Review by Brent Butterworth, 10/12/2014. Read Review